Easy Cheesy Rice for the Lazy

I've been under the weather this week and haven't had a lot of time to go out grocery shopping, so I made due with what I had: cheddar cheese, onion, garlic, rice, baby bella mushrooms, zephyr squash, and broccoli. I still have that lovely woozy-head feeling from my cold, so don't even ask me proportions for this! But essentially all I did was chop the veggies and saute them in butter with the garlic and onion while the rice cooked. I used a vegetable bullion cube in the water the rice cooked in, as well as some salt for flavor. Once it was all done I put the rice in a bowl and stirred in the shredded cheddar, then added the veggies. Easy enough, yeah? Not exactly a fancy risotto, but if you're lacking time or energy (or ingredients) then it certainly does the job. I like making easy dishes like this because proportions don't really matter–you can basically add whatever tastes right. Hooray for easy!

No Response to "Easy Cheesy Rice for the Lazy"

Post a Comment


Supported by Doteasy.com -The Free Web Hosting Provider
Wordpress Theme by Graph Paper Press

Copyright 2010 by Work-a-holic Blogger Template.
Blogger Template by Blogspot Templates