Grow Your Own

While I've always been interested in having my own garden to grow herbs and vegetables, I haven't always had the space or the appropriate weather for some. I lived in the mountains for a while, which provided too much cool weather and shade for the liking of some plants I grew.

Now, I live in a warmer city and my apartment porch gets a lot of full sun during the day. I went a little basil crazy and now have 7 Italian basil plants. I also recently inherited two tomato plants! And, I made an attempt at spinach a little earlier this spring, but bugs and bouts of random frosty nights unfortunately shortened its life.

So while I'm limited to potting plants for gardening, I'd be interested in knowing more about growing vegetables this way if it's possible. I've found that it's much cheaper to grow your own, and a lot more satisfying.

Where I live, we have a Wednesday and Thursday farmer's market in addition to a Saturday one, so I've been able to pop over to one of those in the afternoon to pick up in-season veggies in the middle of the week. Later this week I'll have photos of my farmer's market loot to show off. If anyone is reading this, what are your favorite summer vegetable recipes? I'm a vegetarian, but even dishes that include meat can be adaptable, so feel free to share those too!


2 Response to Grow Your Own

June 10, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I didn't know you had one of these emgee o.O I keep meaning to set one up but I don't think I even remember my username anymore >.>

oh also, three words.
roasted. vegetable. manicotti.

it's awesome.

June 10, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Linda!! Well, this one's new but I had an old one until I got tired of logging in and out since it's linked to Gmail, and I had a new address. Laziness got the better of me, so I'm hoping I'll be more motivated since I don't have to do that anymore. If it helps convince you, it's VERY easy to set up a new one!

Whaaaat! Do you have a recipe???

Post a Comment


Supported by Doteasy.com -The Free Web Hosting Provider
Wordpress Theme by Graph Paper Press

Copyright 2010 by Work-a-holic Blogger Template.
Blogger Template by Blogspot Templates