White Cake with Milk Chocolate Frosting

I suddenly had LOTS of egg whites on hand a few days ago, and no idea what to do with them all. In doing research, I found very helpful articles, like this one by my favorite professional dessert-er David Lebovitz, but in the end I found myself interested in more simple options. I didn't feel like making a dessert with lots of ingredients, so when I stumbled across a recipe for a simple White Cake that used up 8 egg whites, I was very happy.

I didn't have much vanilla extract left, so I wound up using half a tsp of it, plus half a tsp of coconut flavoring. The substitution was nice and went well with the simple cake. The texture was very soft and fluffy. I paired it with milk chocolate icing (store bought - so sue me) and it made the nice, uncomplicated dessert I was looking for.

It also made quite a large amount of cake, so I would recommend using the recipe when you're baking for more than just two people like I was! It got a little stale, but not too bad, after about 3 days. It could have been frozen, but I find that that usually dries cake out as well.

Overall, it wasn't anything fancy, but it was very good when it was fresh. I would definitely recommend it to anyone seeking to use up loads of egg whites!

No Response to "White Cake with Milk Chocolate Frosting"

Post a Comment


Supported by Doteasy.com -The Free Web Hosting Provider
Wordpress Theme by Graph Paper Press

Copyright 2010 by Work-a-holic Blogger Template.
Blogger Template by Blogspot Templates