Baked Pasta with Homemade Pesto

Recently I had a large quantity of basil in my garden, so I made a homemade pesto with it following this simple recipe. It was really so, so easy. It didn't quite make the quantity I was expecting, but the flavor was delicious.

I used the last 3 tablespoonfuls of the homemade pesto in this dish, along with: tomato basil sauce, broccoli, yellow tomatoes, chopped walnuts, freshly-shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano, and a bit of oregano. After cooking the pasta, chopping the vegetables and walnuts, all I did was stir together and pop in the oven at 350 until it was warm throughout and the cheese on top had begun to melt and bubble.

I've come to realize how great walnuts are, and how they can completely transform a dish from normal to unique. So note to self: add walnuts to LOTS OF THINGS!

No Response to "Baked Pasta with Homemade Pesto"

Post a Comment


Supported by Doteasy.com -The Free Web Hosting Provider
Wordpress Theme by Graph Paper Press

Copyright 2010 by Work-a-holic Blogger Template.
Blogger Template by Blogspot Templates